Your new role at SparkLoop
As our newest mid-/senior-level engineer, you'll be responsible for building and scaling the most complex, business-crucial features we have planned at SparkLoop. Used by thousands of the world's top newsletters and media brands.
Our stack is Ruby on Rails with Hotwire/Stimulus, Tailwind + ViewComponent, Sidekiq
Infra/Ops: Heroku, Sentry, GitHub Actions, Stripe
- Participate in planning and risk assessment meetings
- Take ownership of building new features end to end
- Collaborate closely with the Engineering and Growth teams to make sure new features are successful
- Help scale and maintain our infrastructure as we grow
Signs this role is perfect for you
You definitely have:
- Excellent communication skills, time management, developer principles and team attitude
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Test Driven Development mentality
- Fluent English, written and spoken
- Part of your working day in US and EU timezones
- Confident Ruby on Rails development skills, with experience writing secure, maintainable code
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- In-depth experience in building and delivering robust, scalable platforms tackling performance and optimization problems.
- Postgres experience
- A love of clean code and experience refactoring and optimising code for performance
- Version control understanding (Git)
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment
In a perfect world, you also have:
- Experience deploying to cloud-based infrastructure (Heroku)
- Experience with Cypress.io testing framework
If this sounds a lot like you but not quite everything, we encourage you to apply anyway. There's still a great chance you're who we're looking for!
Why you'll love working at SparkLoop
At SparkLoop, we're a calm, profitable tech company. We know work is only one part of your life. And we expect you to fit it in around your family and life, not the other way around.
But that doesn't mean we aren't ambitious.
In just three years, our small team of six has built the best toolkit for newsletter growth. Used by thousands of top newsletters and media brands — from Morning Brew to household names like James Clear and Tim Ferriss. And we have big plans for the next three years.
You'll be working with awesome people, on your own schedule, building a product with huge potential that people genuinely love.
Here are a few of the key benefits:
- $80-120k initial salary pA (with quick, clear progression)
- A fully remote team culture
- Annual team retreats (most recently Portugal, London)
- Stipend towards home-office or coworking space
- Generous PTO policy
- Side projects encouraged
Most importantly, you have the unique opportunity to grow quickly alongside SparkLoop, moulding your initial role into your dream one.
- Apply by filling out the short form
- You may be invited to do a short, paid coding exercise
- You may be invited to two interviews with our team
- Within 30 days, you'll have an offer or a rejection